Minneapolis/Saint Paul/Twin Cities Garage Door Repair
Like every other part of your home, you’ll need to put some work into your garage door if it’s going to last for a long time. However, it can be very dangerous for the average homeowner to repair or maintain a garage door. To eliminate your risk of being injured by a falling door or broken spring, let the Minneapolis area garage door professionals at bespoke doorworks have a look.
Common Garage Door Problems
- Broken Torsion Spring: Your door’s torsion spring is usually located just above the door, and is vital for safe opening and closing. Since torsion springs are under tremendous tension, it’s safest to leave the replacement to the professionals.
- Malfunctioning Opener: There are several issues that can affect your garage door opener’s operation. The problem could be as simple as old remote batteries, or as complicated as a mechanical issue inside your opener.
- Damaged Door: Damage to your garage door isn’t just unsightly – it can also prevent your door from operating properly. Fortunately, we can help and can recommend options! Depending on the severity of the damage, this can range from simple adjustments to section replacement or a whole new door.
Garage Door Maintenance
The best way of preventing garage door issues altogether is by staying on top of maintenance. While you can do some maintenance tasks yourself, other tasks should be performed by experts.
- Lubrication: Your garage door has many moving parts. To reduce noise and increase your door’s lifespan, lubricate the hinges and rollers once or twice a year.
- Cleaning and Painting: To maintain your garage door’s appearance, remember to clean it at least once a year. Depending on what kind of door you have, you might also repaint it or apply a stain or sealant.
- Door Balancing: An unbalanced garage can take its toll on your garage door opener. We can ensure that your garage door remains balanced and functional for years to come.